Monday, September 13, 2010

The Primped Spring Look Book Launch- All the essential Spring beauty trends sorted






Ms Mash and I were lucky enough to score an invite to the Primped Spring Look Book Launch- and boy weren't we excited!


Primped is the go to blog for all things hair, beauty and celebrity style knit picking.


Ms Mash and I joined 20 or so other lucky ladies (and one boyfriend-poor guy)at David Jones in the city on Friday night to get the low down on all the latest trends.


And can I say, DJs (despite all its recent bad press and drama)  certainly looked ready for Spring with the most beautiful flowers spread throughout the store.









Hosted by Primped Editor, Yaz, we were all happily bombarded with expert tips and tricks from great beauty brands like: Opi, Rimmel, Hissy Fit and Jo Malone (which I love love love)


The top trends to keep an eye out for this Spring and Summer are:






Nude nails: Bright colours are a no no this Spring. Sheer and flesh coloured polish that enhances the natural nail colour is a winner




Coppery eye shadow and bright glowing skin: Apparently almond eyes are also in. Genes for both Ms Mash and I have us covered for the season apparently. Thanks Dad!


Red lipstick: Vampy lips are bang on trend too- if you've got cooler skin, ie: pale and fair you should look for blue based reds. And if you've got an olive complexion and darker skin you should look for an orange base red lippy.



And as for hair, keep it polished and textured. The just of bed look is out this season- frizz free loose curls are in.

You can achieve waves easily by twisting towel dried hair into a knot on top of your head- leave for around 20 minutes and tada! Instant waves.

Lucky for those who attended the evening we were all gifted with the most amazing goody bags.


Ms Mash and I squealed like it was Christmas! Out of everything stuffed in there I am absolutelty loving the Billie Goat Soap- not only is it really cute- but it feels much softer than other soap and my winter ravished skin is thanking me.



And The Endota Spa Lavender and Alpine Pepper hand cream smells amazing and I am so happy that it was in the goodie bag as I love all things Endota Spa.

Unfortunately you can't get the goody bag anymore but you can can grab your own Primped Look Book at David Jones Stores nationally.



* Celeb pics from google images

1 comment:

  1. What a great event! Although nude nails... I don't know if I can do those hehe! I'm a dark colour girl lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails