Saturday, September 4, 2010

Cheap and yummy Vietnamese: Pho Sure

Getting paid monthly is tough. Lately I've been attempting to be a budget master with my money-which really means I've been tighter than usual.

So I've cut spending on: manicures, facials, massages. Banned myself from impulse buying, I literally put whatever is in my hand down and walk away, chanting to myself "you don't need it, you don't need it."

"You don't need it, you don't need it"

I get my wonderful gorgeous talented friend Katja (and sometimes Mell) to cut and colour my hair. Usually they charge a mortgage repayment for the above-but I get mates rates- so I'm lucky there.


I try and take my lunch in to work and no more morning lattes-which is a killer. But still when it comes to the end of the month I am doing the couch search for any loose change.

The problem is, I love to eat. I like to cook, but I love to eat. And by eat I usually mean out. Especially where I live, the place is renowned for great dinning spots and although I've lived here for ages, I still haven't even come close to trying everywhere yet.


Lucky for me I found Pho Sure -a great Vietnamese Noodle House right near home and better yet, its cheap and perfect just before pay day. 

Vietnamese Pho is one of my most favourite things to eat and Pho Sure's, Pho tai nam (rare beef and flank with rice noodle soup) is my new favourite.


Pho Tai Nam 9.50 and Cha Muc Chien-(fried squid balls) $7.50


The chief loves his Pho too

Its also budget friendly with most dishes at Pho Sure under $10. Don't expect anything fancy, next door is a coin laundry and there isn't really any ambience or frills, its all about the yummy food.


You have to set your own table too, but the staff who work at Pho Sure are really friendly and your food comes out fast and fresh.

If you're a fan of fried ice cream like I am, Pho Sure's is pretty good. At $4.50 for dessert you really can't complain.


Don't leave it too late either, Pho Sure is only open for dinner from 5-9pm but don't despair if you turn up at 9.30, you can always do your laundry next door.



Pho Sure
37-39 Stanmore Rd, Enmore 2042
(02) 9557 2001

1 comment:

  1. Yes being paid fortnightly somehow seems much easier even though technically you're being paid the same amount. It doesn't help if you like to shop! :P

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails